Technical / Pre-Sales Consultant
Role: Technical/Pre-Sales Consultant
Location: Based preferably in Western/Northern Europe (UK, Benelux, Germany, Scandinavia)
CROSS Network Intelligence (CNI) is a software startup based primarily in Prague, Czech Republic, with key sales and marketing people located across the world, in locations such as the UK, the US, Czech Republic, Romania, and Israel. The sales team is responsible for promoting and selling the CNI flagship solution, CROSS, for the telecommunications OSS/BSS market.
CROSS is an innovative and disruptive system for telecommunication network inventory and management that consolidates all available data into a unified geo-based database of all owned and leased physical, logical and virtual network inventory assets and the services which run on them.
CNI is seeking to recruit a Technical/Pre-Sales Consultant to support our growing business and Sales team. This individual will deliver technical consultancy and pre-sales activities, and transfer industry, technical and product knowledge to customers via excellent written, verbal communication skills and professional demo/presentation skills.
The successful candidate will assist in all levels of technical account planning and accompany Business Development Managers on customer meetings. Working with the CNI Sales and Product team, your responsibilities will include the development of formal written sales proposals and tender responses and the ability to demo and differentiate product offerings at a technical level from the competition. The ideal candidate will have experience in providing Technical Consultancy services to prospects and end-user customers in the Telecommunications sector.
- Working closely with the Sales and Product team on proposals and pitches for business.
- Attending meetings with business development managers and acting as a technical expert.
- Putting together business cases for the Sales team to support their proposals.
- Working closely and collaboratively with prospects and customers to devise effective proposals and solutions.
- Ensuring that the company’s product can deliver on the customer’s requirements.
- Responding to prospects/customers following requests for information and proposal requests.
- Presenting proposals to prospects/customers alongside members of the Sales team.
- Build custom demonstrations and deliver Proofs of Concept (POCs).
- Compiling a range of product demo scenarios to showcase the CROSS product’s wide range of use cases, capabilities and business benefits
- Preparing and managing sales and marketing materials to promote and sell the CROSS solution.
- Deliver product presentations and demonstrations and provide support at external and internal customer-facing events.
- Expected to travel to customer/sales locations primarily within Europe and conferences and exhibitions.
- Previous experience working within a technical and IT Services pre-sales positions. (2-3 years expected)
- Extensive knowledge of the Telecommunications industry technologies and standards. (3-5 years expected)
- Must be a Telecommunications Subject Matter Expert with extensive software systems experience.
- An ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
- Previous experience working for a competitor in a similar position would be a strong advantage.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to explain and present technical solutions.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Affinity to both sales and technology functions.
- Must be a native English speaker
- Based preferably in Western/Northern Europe (UK, Benelux, Germany, Scandinavia)
- Salary around 45-55,000 Euro or equivalent depending on experience.
- Pension contribution
- Healthcare package