CROSS is LIVE at GlobalConnect!
It goes without saying that implementing a transformative piece of software and making the customer happy after months of hard work is a great reason to celebrate.
July marked an important month for our Danish customer, GlobalConnect, our trusted partner responsible for managing the implementation, Realworld UK and the CROSS Network Intelligence team.
After an 8-month implementation involving the collaboration of these 3 integral teams, we are proud to announce that CROSS is LIVE at GlobalConnect, Denmark's leading alternative provider of fiber network, data centers and cloud-based solutions.
This warranted an in-person celebration with the GC team in Denmark, a fantastic opportunity to showcase the solution and meet with the teams and key people responsible for making the implementation a success (more importantly, we had to see the CROSS-shaped cake with our own eyes!).
The driving force behind the project and GC's decision to select CROSS as their solution of choice was simple:
GlobalConnect needed a system that would act as a single source of truth for all network inventory.
Achieving this vision would finally give them an end-to-end view of their services, a seemingly simple necessity for any telecom, but which is rarely achieved. This is due to the all too common reality experienced by network operators and service providers, which is that multiple rigid legacy Network Management Systems (NMS) and inventories operating in data silos, make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to understand how all the data supporting a network and its services actually works together.
Enter CROSS. In creating such a data bridge throughout their entire network stack – from the cables in the ground to the customer-facing services running on the cloud and everything in between – CROSS will help GlobalConnect unlock many powerful operational features and benefits, the most important being:
- Consolidated Record: a single source for all network inventory data, eliminating the time, cost and frustration of looking throughout multiple systems and inventories for answers.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA): identifying the source of a network failure and all affected services so that they can be communicated and corrected in a timely manner.
- Provisioning & Capacity Management: providing a current and future view of the network, allowing for the proactive planning of future services and capacity demand.
- OTDR Tracing: providing spatial elements to data, making it possible to quickly and accurately identify, visualize and report on problems in the network, such as a cut fiber.
- Data Quality: the ability to work with data of variable data quality “as-is”.
- Consistency: ensuring information across all users and teams in the enterprise is available and consistent.
OTDR tracing in CROSS
CROSS was able to meet the challenges and requirements identified by GlobalConnect head-on by unifying all network inventory data, previously scattered across multiple legacy systems and external data sources into a simple but powerful data model. This, together with a fast deployment and the ability to work with data of variable quality in its current state (skipping the tedious data cleansing step), solidified CROSS as their solution of choice.
The aftermath (we did well)
We look forward to sharing our next excuse to celebrate with cake! Stay tuned.
The CROSS Network Intelligence team